Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Days 13-18/365: I've been sick

Sorry for not posting daily as of late. I have been under the weather and not able to put two words together enough to make some posts. So here I am, trying to make up for it.

I went to the doctor last night and they diagnosed me with strep throat. So now I'm on medication for that, and hopefully will start feeling like myself again soon. Being sick doesn't mean that I've abandoned my healthy eating habits. On the contrary. It has made me want to pursue them even more. You know that old saying "Feed a fever, starve a cold?" I read that that doesn't matter and that you should never starve yourself, that eating a healthy diet is the best thing to help you get better, and I believe that it's been helping me as well. I've been eating a lot of homemade soup, chicken, eggs, the usuals.

In terms of treatment, I wasn't able to take lozenges while on the Whole30 because of the sugar content and the other additives, so I gargled with salt water a lot, drank lots of herbal tea and hot water with lemon, as well as my soup (which was admittedly the most helpful in soothing my throat pain), and Tylenol for the body aches I experienced. I did my research before using any of these methods because I automatically just reach for the cough drops whenever my throat is bothering me and these were the solutions I found. I'm now on penicillin antibiotics for the infection.

 I had a non-scale victory last night! I remember back before I discovered the W30 in September 2016, I was eating like crap. Candy, chips, cheese, crackers were my go-to snacks, and I would eat them in abundance. By the end of the day, I couldn't even suck in my gut because I was so bloated, breathing in made absolutely no difference in the way I looked in the mirror and it was so depressing. Last night, I decided to lift up my sweater and have a look at what I looked like. Without even having to suck in, my belly was still relatively flat! Even after a full day of eating and drinking! It makes me so happy that I've found a way of eating that also makes my body so happy.

This is all I can muster up for now. Stay tuned because I'll be back on track tomorrow for day 19!

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment