Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Day 4/365: The Struggle is Real/Name my Sugar Dragon/My Paleo Sauce Recipe!

Today was slightly more difficult. I was feeling tired and drained, and someone brought in chocolate to work. Damn. But at the same time, it's a test, a challenge, and I accepted that challenge. I defeated my inner craving and pushed the Sugar Dragon back down where he belongs. I feel like I should give my dragon a name... Simon or Hector or Fluffy... Any suggestions?

When it comes to cravings, I don't get them as much as I used to, but they're still there. Usually fleeting, I'll see something that LOOKS like it could be a gummy worm and I'll automatically remember the taste (it's happening now because I'm thinking about it). That's all it'll ever be for me now though, a sweet, sweet memory.

Due to the winter storm outside, I wasn't able to get my run in. However, my awesome new friend @celinefrazier put up another sample workout (she's been doing them all week) and I did that instead! Some strengthening and conditioning is just as good for a runner in training! I'll try and get the run in tomorrow if the weather is better!

Was a good eating day! Dinner was delish! Paleo meat sauce with spiraled sweet potato. I'll leave you the recipe at the bottom!

Thanks for tuning in guys and I'll see you tomorrow! Don't forget to please comment a potential name for my Sugar Dragon!

C xo

========================================================================


Paleo Tomato Meat Sauce

1 can diced tomatoes (read the label!!)
2 lbs ground meat (I used beef)
1 onion, chopped
1 avocado, mashed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 fresh tomato, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 tbsp cooking fat (I used olive oil)
salt and pepper to taste


Heat or melt fat in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once fat is hot, add onions and cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add meat and cook until browned. Lower heat and add remaining ingredients. Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly (it will be a little runny, but your sweet potatoes, or spaghetti squash or zoodles will help soak it up) season as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment